Earl's History

Few businesses can claim 63 years of continuously successful operation and fewer still point to an unwavering dedication to the highest levels of customer service over that time but Earl’s is one that can. Earl's Cyclery was founded in 1953 by Earl Foley in Burlington's Old North End on Archibald Street. The shop began as a humble bicycle and lawn mower repair shop, but quickly evolved into one of New England's largest Schwinn dealers. Several owners have guided the store’s growth since Earl retired in the 1980’s, most recently by Roger Frey who brought it to our location today on Williston Road in South Burlington.

Joe Drennan and Andrew Boczar, both longtime Earl’s employees and managers, purchased the store in 2015 and are carrying on our tradition of giving you the best bicycle products and customer service at the best price.

We’re on our fourth generation of customers now. It’s pretty great to have folks who bought their first bike from Earl on Archibald Street come in and get two for their grandchildren. Bikes have changed a lot but not our commitment to the folks who ride them.

Oh, and Earl? 93 years old and still proud of what he built.